PROCESS OF LAND ALLOTMENT AT BIADA
BIADA has been established by a legislation of State of Bihar namely Bihar Industrial Area Development Authority Act, 1974 with an objective and aim to promote and facilitate industrialization in the State. The BIADA Act, 1974 and Rules/ Regulations framed there under provide the mechanism for achieving the stated aims and objectives. BIADA is, thus, a statutory body which receives directions and instructions from time to time from Government in accordance with the provisions under BIADA Act, 1974 and it allots land to entrepreneurs on basis of fixed policies and principles. State Government acquires land under the relevant provisions of Land Acquisition Act and transfers the same to BIADA for industrialization.
BIADA has to act in accordance with its Statute, Rules, Regulations and the directions of the State Government as well as the Industrial Policy so prevalent at the relevant time. The detailed procedures of land allotment are described hereunder.
LAND APPLICATION FORM
· BIADA has a standard format for making application to get land allotment for establishing industry by any interested entrepreneur. Application Form can be procured from the Head Quarter of the Authority or from any of the Regional Offices situated at Patna, Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur and Darbhanga on payment of Rs. 100/- (one hundred only) in cash or draft in favor of BIADA payable at Patna.
· Application Form can also be obtained from the office of "Udyog Mitra", Ground Floor, Indira Bhawan, R.C. Path (West Boring Canal Road), Patna on payment of Rs. 100/- (one hundred only) in cash or bank draft in favor of BIADA payable at Patna.
· Application form should be addressed to the Executive Director of the respective Region or to the Managing Director, BIADA, Patna.
· Application Form can also be downloaded from the website of BIADA (www.biadabihar.in). In case of download forms, the cost of Rs. 100/- (one hundred only) has to be deposited along with requisite processing fee (of Rs. 1,000/- for Micro and Small Industries and Rs. 5, 000/- for Medium and Large scale industries) in shape of bank draft in favor of BIADA payable at Patna.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
· Application for allotment of Land/Shed has to be submitted in prescribed format with requisite documents as follows-
i. Project Report in two copies prepared by Accredited/Approved Consultant.
The Project Report should contain at least following information:-
a. Details of item to be produced,
b. Land required for production, (in sq. ft.)
c. Land required for raw material (in sq. ft.)
d. Land required for finished product,
e. Details of drainage of water required,
f. Quantity of drainage of water required,
g. Quantity of total water required,
h. Total electricity required,
i. Source of Procurement of Raw Materials,
j. Marketing Position,
k. Details of Procurement of Plant and Machinery,
l. N.O.C. from Pollution Control Board,
m. Details of Finance for the Project and the source of financing,
n. Details of Number of skilled / unskilled / labor requirements,
o. Working Capital Required,
p. Total Project Cost/Investment Proposed,
q. Promoter’s Contribution,
r. Investment in Plant and Machinery,
s. Production Capacity and time frame of production.
ii. Two copies of Entrepreneurship Memorandum (EM-I),
iii. Application fee of Rs. 1,000/- or Rs. 5,000/- as stated earlier,
iv. Two self attested photographs of Applicant(s),
v. Security money of Rs. 2,000/- per Acre through bank draft in favor of BIADA payable at Patna,
vi. Personal Bio-Data of Entrepreneur(s),
vii. Layout plan duly certified by Consultant who has been approved or is registered with Government of Bihar,
viii. Application fee is non–transferable and non-refundable,
ix. In case of Partnership/Proprietorship/Company etc. appropriate documents of Registration/Deed of Partnership/ Properitorship/MOA,AOA, Registration at ROC etc. should be attached attested by a Guzzetted Officer,
x. Application must be duly signed by the Proprietor/all Partners/MD as applicable,
PROCEDURE FOR LAND ALLOTMENT
THE PROJECT CLEARANCE COMMITTEE
1. Once the Applications are received at office of BIADA as mentioned above, they are scrutinized at the level of Executive Director of respective Region with assistance of Development Officers for putting up the same before Project Clearance Committee (PCC) if it is found to be in proper format and fulfills all conditions of submitting an application.
2. Applications are scrutinized with all the enclosures and requisites.
3. The scrutinized Applications are put up before the Project Clearance Committee (PCC) which has been formed under BIADA Act/Regulations, 2007 and it comprises of:-
i. Managing Director, BIADA,
ii. All Executive Directors, BIADA,
iii. Director Industries, Govt. of Bihar or his representative,
iv. Joint Secretary, Finance Department, Govt. of Bihar,
v. Chairman, Bihar Pollution Control Board or his representative,
vi. Consultant(s) of the BIADA to be nominated by Managing Director, BIADA,
vii. Head, CII, Patna or his representative,
viii. Representative of Bihar Industries Association &
ix. Chairman, Bihar Chamber of Commerce & Industries (specially invited).
4. All the applicants are given information to appear before the Project Clearance Committee (PCC) on scheduled date through letter, phone and SMS. Notification regarding PCC meeting is also notified through newspapers and BIADA’s website www.biadabihar.in.
5. Applications for land allotment are put up before PCC.
6. PCC scrutinizes applications by face-to-face interactions with the applicants on the criteria of experience of the investors, source of financing, viability of project, employment potential etc.
7. PCC decides on allotment of land or rejection of application(s) on the basis of satisfaction reached during personal interaction at PCC meeting in presence of all the members.
8. After the decision of land allotment, the applicant has to submit Affidavit.
9. Allotment Letter in prescribed format is finally issued. If the allottee desires, it can pay the cost of land in one installment or in installments then the initial payment (1st installment) shall be 30% of the total cost + maintenance charge + one time service tax + demarcation charge of Rs. 1000/- within 15 days of issuance of the allotment letter. Balance installments with 5% interest are to be paid in seven (7) equal installments along with Bond. Balance installments will be due on the same in subsequent years. It is also a condition precedent that if there is any pre-existing structure on the plot, the evaluated cost of the said structure shall also be payable by the allottee prior to the handing over of possession of the plot/shed.
10. On payment of cost as stated above, the entrepreneur shall be handed over possession of land and unit shall have to start production in accordance with the conditions of land allotment and subsequently, lease deed shall be executed.
11. In case of non-allotment the security money is refundable by account payee cheque.
Addresses of Headquarter and Regional Offices
· Head Office & Regional Office, Patna:
Bihar Industrial Area Development Authority, 1st Floor, Udyog Bhawan, East Gandhi Maidan, Patna - 800 004. Phone No. 0612-2675998, 0612-2675991, FAX No . :0612-2675889.
· Regional Office, Muzaffarpur :
Bihar Industrial Area Development Authority, Bela, R.K. Ashram, Muzaffarpur - 842 001. Phone No. : 0621-2274535.
· Regional Office, Darbhanga :
Bihar Industrial Area Development Authority, New Industrial Estate Bela, Darbhanga - 846 004. Phone No. : 06272-247505.
· Regional Office, Bhagalpur :
Bihar Industrial Area Development Authority, Large Industrial Estate Barari, Bhagalpur. Phone No. : 0641-2409271.